DIGITAL. SIMPLE. COMPACT.
The Milwaukee CD600 Total Dissolved Solids (TDS) Pen is designed for hydroponics, aquariums, horticulture, water conditioning and many other applications. The CD600 helps you make sure that your plants are receiving the right amount of nutrient or helps you keep your filters up-to-date and clean for water filtration. Keep TDS in your target range to help your achieve better results.
- Measures Total Disolved (TDS) direct and with automatic temperature compensation.
- Ideal range for hydroponics (0 to 1990 ppm).
- Units in ppm easily convertable to uS/cm.
- Factory calibrated with the ability to recalibrate if needed.
- Automatic Temperature Compensation (ATC).
- 350 hours continuous use (4 x 1.5V batteries included).
- Simple one point calibration.
CARE AND USE
TDS/PPM electrodes can develop nutrient build up over time. To miminize build up, always rinse the probe in fresh tap or DI water after every use.
CONVERTING TDS TO EC
The Milwaukee TDS Pen, like all TDS meters, provides a measure of Total Dissolved Solids (ppm) reading, of contaminates per unit of volume in a solution.
TDS/PPM is often converted to uS/cm. Different scales include the 500 scale, 650 scale and the 700 scale.
Your TDS/PPM readings can be approximately converted to uS/cm as shown in the examples below.
1 ppm = 2 uS/cm on the 0.5 factor scale
1 ppm = 1.43 µS/cm on the 442 scale or .70 factor scale.